Thursday, October 26, 2006

My First Blog

So, here's my first game blog. Wish me luck as I try to give you the scoop on the games I'm playing, the ones I love, and the ones I love to hate. All told with a dash of sarcasm and a tidbit or humor.

First...a little about me. Why take my word on these games? Well...I play them...alot...more than my boss knows (did I mention my boss is also my hubbin?) I'm not some pro gamer...just a chick with a computer. What else about me?...I like cake and ice cream. I think every holiday, and most bad days should be celebrated with cake and ice cream. Served in a bowl. What's the deal with serving this stuff on a saucer? It's ICE CREAM, people!! Ok, wrong soapbox....

My newest passion in life is quilting. Which immediately makes me sound like a grandma..or at least a crazy older aunt. But, I assure you, I'm neither...well...ok, I'm a bit crazy, and I'm an aunt...anyways!! This ain't your grandmother's quilting, as my sisters at the quilt shop tease me. It's just a great way to be creative and make amazing gifts.

But, really...this is about the games. I've always been a game player...I could never find people with enough time to play monopoly with me...and my brothers and sister taught me very young how to play cards, although I was an adult before I learned to shuffle them...then the computer came along, and being the person I am...ok, something you should know about me....I'm a consumer with with capital C. If it flashes, has buttons to push (oh, I love the button pushing), and makes great noises, then it should be mine!! The first computer game I ever played was called McMurphy's Mansion. It was a text only search for stuff game...my, how far we've come. I never finished that game...

These days, my standbys are these, and I'll post more about them later....
Maj Jong Quest-gots to love the maj
Shangri-La Deluxe
Abundante-the newest addiction
Diner Dash-Restaurant Rescue

I really like word games...I'm a wordy kind of gal. My hubbin is always impressed by the words I can find, spell, and define...at least he says he is, but he may just be kissing up....

So, there's the first blog. If you haven't torn your eyes out yet, then check back for my first game review and rant.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I'm istalling that word mojo game right now I guess i'll have to see how it goes. Nice find Bec.

Josh said...

Awe what I need to buy it? Dang oh well thanks anyways but I'm 16 and don't have a credit card yet haha.